BSP application authorization SICF. Urgent
Raman N
2003-10-30 09:52:38 UTC
Dear all,
I have one BSP application on WAS 6.2. The moment I open any page ,
it used to pop up a box for username and password. Using SICF
transaction I made this application allocated for Internet user. The
issue was sorted.
Now we transported all the deveopments to SAP 4.7
Now again I am facing the same issue. I crosscheked with the previous
WAS server. But in vain.
What could be missing ? Do I have to configure the HTTP server ?
Please do focus. It's urgent.
Thanks in advance,
Raman.
Gregor Wolf
2003-10-30 21:36:31 UTC
Hi Raman,
Post by Raman N
What could be missing ? Do I have to configure the HTTP server ?
Where the SICF Settings part of the Transport? If not, you have to do the
configuration of the default user again in SICF.

Regards
--
Gregor

http://www.computerservice-wolf.com/
http://www.linuxdozent.de/
http://www.zuendler.de/
http://www.bband.de/
http://www.siteco.de/
Raman N
2003-10-31 11:29:54 UTC
Thanks Gregor,
I really don't understand which setting I am missing in SICF. I am
really breaking my head against SICF.
Please let me know is there any important step which I might have
forgotten in SICF ? Apart from SICF do I have to do anything ? e.g.
RZ10.
No way I can understand what is missing ...
Waiting for ur guidance ...
Raman
Post by Gregor Wolf
Hi Raman,
Regards
Markus Böge
2003-10-31 12:48:21 UTC
hi raman
Post by Raman N
Thanks Gregor,
I really don't understand which setting I am missing in SICF. I am
really breaking my head against SICF.
Please let me know is there any important step which I might have
forgotten in SICF ? Apart from SICF do I have to do anything ? e.g.
RZ10.
No way I can understand what is missing ...
Waiting for ur guidance ...
first make sure that there is an icf service for your bsp-application

in sicf you should have an entry in your service tree for your
bsp-application, the name is the same as the name of the application

probably your service is under: default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/

doubleclick the service and reenter the default user data

hth

markus
Raman N
2003-11-01 07:25:42 UTC
Thanks for the help provided.
I am checking the SICF configurations ..I couldn;t get any culrit.For
every page in my BSP application it is asking for the username and
password ..:{
Have you faced any such a problem ??
Please let me know.
Raman.
Post by Markus Böge
hi raman
markus
Markus Böge
2003-11-03 07:47:53 UTC
Post by Raman N
Thanks for the help provided.
I am checking the SICF configurations ..I couldn;t get any culrit.For
every page in my BSP application it is asking for the username and
password ..:{
Have you faced any such a problem ??
Please let me know.
Raman.
which browser are you using?
which support package level of was 6.20?

make sure that cookies are accepted
Raman N
2003-11-05 08:36:12 UTC
Dear Markus , Gregor and others
Thanks for ur help .. it's through now :)
Culprit was one of the paramaters in the program.
Thanks again.
Raman.
Post by Markus Böge
hi raman